Sunday, June 21, 2009

Seconds


Untitled
Leica M6, Zeiss Biogon 35mm f/2
A bit of a gap, since I lost a roll of film. Not loaded properly so the film advance didn't. Sigh. So strictly speaking this is roll number 3, but we'll call it number 2. Now up on flickr, here.

A few observations. Looking at the images I find myself wanting to crop, which is something I almost never do with the D700 or G10 or 4x5. I guess I'm not used to composing in the rangefinder yet.

Another thing: shadow detail seems to be nonexistant. I think this is an artifact of the scans but I'm not sure. I'll have to make a hi-res scan myself to see.

And... the D700 with the 24-70 feels like even more of a behemoth now. Also I haven't touched the G10 since the M6 arrived. It may be for sale soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lack of shadowdetail whilst scanning is a problem I've encountered with slides a lot, so it's possible (though common sense says with negatives, it should be a lack of highlight detail).

Simplest way to test would be to look at the negatives (use an inverted 50mm as a loupe) and/or make a print.

Daniel Garcia said...

how'd you do multi-exposure? I didn't see an obvious way to do it on my m6. So far i've failed at getting my 2nd roll developed. I need to get caught up!

R. said...

This image isn't a multiple exposure. It's a a translucent advertising banner on a fence in front of a vacant lot.

However, to do multiple exposure with the M6, see comment to a previous post, here.